Followers

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sector Snapshots

There's always a bullish chart somewhere even in a secular bear market

Read Full Post.....

The uranium sector has taken quite a beating in 2008. But now, I think it is attempting a resurrection from the ashes.



I checked in on my uranium index, and it does look promising. And yes, this past year was brutal for uranium, despite a certain advocate that I know of who was pounding the table for uranium as a buy for all of 2008.



Another sector to watch for the next few months: Agriculture

Terra Nitrogen Company, LP (NYSE:TNH) has a juicy 10% dividend yield, and Monsanto Company (NYSE:MON) raised guidance for the coming quarter. What's not to like about the Agricultural sector?

A rising tide lifts all boats. 20d EMA is above the 50d EMA, and both are turning up. This is where I will be playing - probably in about a week or so.

No comments: