Followers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Plan for the next couple of months

Even though I will not be actively trading for the next month or two, that has not stopped me from continuing to monitor the ES market.  One thing that I have noticed is that in the overnight session, it is usually quiet, but if there are any big moves in the overnight session, then it usually is a precursor of a big move in the regular session as well.  For example, this morning's bounce in the market was started off with a +13pt uptrend in the overnight session.
Of course, a big move in the overnight market is not a pre-requisite for a big move in the following regular session.

This year's big sector winners was the solar sector (which I mentioned a couple times in this blog), and shipping.  The agricultural chemical sector started perking up in the latter part of this year, and should continue into next year.  I am already monitoring AGU and POT for a pullback entry in my retirement account.  Obviously I am interested in uncovering the next big sector, maybe this time I will be prepared to jump onto the sector trend.


The other plan for the next couple of months is to continue to work on my ATS.  I've been trying to find time here and there to code up a very simple ATS.   Progress has been a bit slower recently because of various distractions.  Plus, I have to remind myself from time to time why I am doing some more coding after doing already 9+ hours of it at work.

No comments: