Followers

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Update

Read Full Post.....

The trade that I made in DECK was profitable, but not recorded here because it was done out of a different account.
I also haven't been able to make any US Equity trades in the past few days because of internal IB issues with my trading account, although in looking at the big picture, it might not have been such a bad thing, not being able to daytrade US stocks, since I probably would have lost even more money. Anyways, hopefully the account issue will get sorted out soon.
In the meantime, I've been playing a couple of dual listed gold stocks (AUY, FRG) in order to restore my confidence. I made some high risk bets in those stocks which happened to work out today, but it's nothing to be too excited about, because I knew it was a high risk play.
What has been keeping me going through this dry spell is actually my family, and just not thinking too much about how my trading sucks right now. I'm already aware of what I have done, and I just need to keep repeating to myself that things will get better, and to persist in practicing my routine even though I don't see the results right now.
If there were any good that came from those high risk plays, it was that it did help to restore my confidence, and helped me to remember what I should be doing (like doing stuff other than take bad setups, find other tasks to keep from getting bored).

I haven't made as much entries in my trading journal lately because I have begun to lose some of my desire to blog. Probably the losing streak I had to close out last month took its toll on my motivation.
Regardless, I need to fight this apathy, so I will go back to making at least one daily entry into this journal, even if it contains scrambled thoughts, so at least I have something documented that I can go back and review in the future.

No comments: