Followers

Monday, February 05, 2007

Lesson of the Day on Rambus

There are categories and degrees of pain.

Read Full Post.....


I was watching Rambus (RMBS) start at around 19.30, and then jump up to 21 in literally seconds. There was no chance to catch it at 20, but even the illusion of being able to do so was painful for me to know. It hurts when I think I could have participated in a $2/share gain !!
But had I bought at that time, I would most likely be filled @23 or close to it (remember, the bid/ask was jumping very wildly at the time, so you don't have a clue where you're going to be filled). RMBS proceeded to deflate from 23, implying that I would have been in bagholder city had I gave into the urge to chase the run-up. BagHolder city is a very painful place, more painful than any other place that I have visited. You really don't want to go to that place.
Luckily, I had enough sense to ask the good guys at HCPG to knock some sense into me. They convinced me not to buy, so I did not lose money on this trade - because there was no trade. Having the sense to avoid a greater degree of pain is a victory in my books.

No comments: