Followers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Deja Vu ?

Summary
Read Full Post.....

Lately, there has been quite a lot of conflicting opinions about whether the market will go down or go up. When there is this much crosscurrent of opinions, I find it best to stop reading them, and concentrate on the chart and listen to the message of the market. I did notice something interesting about today's action.


Today's action looks surprisingly similar to the hammer reversal on Feb/10. I have described some parameters which, if we are indeed putting in a bottom, I think the market will conform to.
Will look for confirmation to short 1141-43 area, and buy 1124-26 area.

Baidu Inc (NASDAQ:BAIDU) did not bounce as strongly as the rest of the leadership stocks. Therefore, it is safer to watch for signs of buying strength at the gap fill 71-71.4

Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) looks interesting, especially if the overall market is in the process of bottoming out:


If GS dips below 140 again, I plan to buy my other half position. stop on full position will then be 138. If a rally materializes in the afternoon, then I may even hold my position.

I didn't have a chance to buy Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.B) because I was too busy scalping BIDU today for a few dimes. But now that the market is potentially trying to carve out a bottom, I will pay attention to the oracle of omaha. Plan is unchanged for BRK.B tomorrow:
1/4 position long at 76
1/4 position long at 75
1/4 position long at 74.5
1/4 position long at 74
initial stop on all 73
target 80

No comments: