Followers

Monday, December 31, 2007

Year In Review

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Read Full Post.....
My first year as a full-time trader sucked. It also humbled me enough to go back to a salary 9-to-5 job. There were reasons which could explain my poor performance, but I'd rather not hide behind those excuses. My performance sucked, and I've had time now to think about everything that I did wrong.

But it is funny, and Tyro Trader asked me about it earlier, now that I don't feel the pressure to perform, I am "seeing' my trading in a different light. It's kind of hard to explain in words, so perhaps I'll let my journal entries about my swing trading in the coming weeks do the explaining for me.
It's also given me time to think about how I will change my approach when the time comes once again to perform under pressure. I never feel comfortable in admitting that I need help, but one thing that I know that I must do before I jump back into trading full-time is to take a trading course.
But, I probably need to get my finances in order first (ie. get my moving done and out of the way), before I take any further steps.

So at least in that sense, having to place the pursuit of my dream of trading full-time successfully, on hold temporarily, is not a total psychological defeat for me, because I am learning, and learning about what I must do to change my approach.

No comments: