Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trading Results for Turnaround Tuesday, Nov 13/07

Read Full Post.....
I saw something that does not occur too often in the S&P500 eMini futures market, and that was a box play setup.


Trade1
.
Trade2.
Orange arrow highlights a trade that I spotted but was not able to get filled at my entry price.

Good points
- kept my losses small
- able to spot the box play pattern in real-time.

Room for Improvement:
- need to overcome fear of using wider stops.
- need to remember how to trade the box play. Whether the box play reached its profit objective of 1470 or not was not as important as knowing what the correct trading decision was at the time I was trading it. Even though there was no way of knowing the reversal at 1466, had I used the wider stop, I would have stayed in the trade, which would have enabled me to capture part of the breakout.


Not much else to say about today's results other than how I wish I was around in the afternoon when ES made its monster 25pt run-up.

No comments: