Followers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Trading Results for Thursday

Summary

Read Full Post.....
I haven't been actively trading the stock index futures this past week, and today was no exception.
I made one trade in ES for one point, and a couple of small scalps in NQ for 2 points.

For some reason, I just wasn't focused on trading the indicies today, and it worsened in the afternoon. There was one setup in the afternoon which I stared at as the opportunity to trade came and went in a matter of seconds.
I'm not quite sure why I have been apathetic about trading the indices this week. It could be the lack of a decent setup, the small range, too much retracing, risk aversion, I don't know. Hopefully I can get past whatever it is and get back to the regular routine by next week.

The other thing that I noticed was during the afternoon session, my performance is not as good as during the morning session. In the morning, I am alert, focused, and ready to make the various trading decisions. In the afternoon, my attention starts to wane, and I lose focus. Perhaps I am not taking a long enough lunch hour break, or that the break that I am taking is not of good quality. This is yet another item to add to the list of things to work on.

On a more positive note, I traded natural gas today for a quick hit and run profit. I also scalped corn and Cable a couple of times in the early morning but with less success. The volatility in Cable makes it an interesting forex futures market to trade, and hopefully with some more research and knowledge, I will use that to increase my success with trading it.

No comments: