Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Creature of Habit

Read Full Post.....
As a 66/33 INTP/INFP personality type, I understand that I am the kind of person that thrives on having variety in my life.
That's why lately, I find myself a little confused as to why I keep trading the same futures contract.
There are actually many different futures markets to trade - there are the major currencies (Yen, Euro, Pound, Loonie), the major metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper), and other indicies (YM, ER2, NQ, and even the major European indicies like the Dax). So, there is something for everyone.
Even the most comfortable shirt needs to be taken out and washed once in a while. I've actually tried trading some of the currencies, and even the MiNY Crude (QM), and yet, I always have the tendency torepeatedly return to the same two markets - Silver and SP500. I really thought I would have been bored with trading the Spoos and Silver by now, but that is not the case. On the contrary, I feel even more motivated to do my homework on these two markets, study it even more and learn how to trade them even better.

I haven't quite yet developed a routine for my futures trading, but I will be working on that. One thing I want to investigate is whether the system of alerts that I had used when I was swing trading and daytrading equities would be applicable and transferrable to the futures trading. Won't really know until I try it out for a certain period of time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u have been trading those two markets quite successfully recently, so it may be that all that extra money is keeping u from getting bored :-)

keep up the great work

Phileo said...

Hi John,

Thanks for the encouragement.
I don't know what it is with me and silver, but I sure hope the party doesn't end.