Followers

Monday, March 26, 2007

More Random Stuff

I'm bored, so I need to ramble on about random stuff...

Read Full Post.....
Noticed something about the other futures traders in my blogroll.....

I've noticed that TraderGav (tends to) trade the NQ contracts, while Boogster tends to trade YM, and Tedders exclusively trades ER2.
Everyone seems to have their favourite contract. Not sure why, and I suppose it's not really a earth shattering, paradigm shifting piece of information, but I did find that curious.
As for me? I am all over the map. Although I have not reported it to this journal, I've taken one or two scalps of Silver Futures (ZIK7), the Euro (6EM7), the Loonie (6CM7), and the Nasdaq (NQM7) just to test the waters and see what it was like. I have never tried trading YM, QM nor the grains. And I will probably remain gun shy for now about giving ER2 another try. Gold (ZG) and the S&P eMini (ES) remains my vehicles of choice - it just "feels" more "comfortable" to my personality type.

Right now, the best way to describe me is Uranium/junior miners with a bit of ES/ZG futures mixed in (although the Yen is starting to look more and more interesting). I think I will continue practicing trading futures until I have a system worked out. Once I have an actual system, then I will get back into re-vitalizing my US Equities and options swing/day trading. Either that, or if I get sufficiently bored with a lack of good setups in the futures that I am watching.
And there's nothing more "concrete" than a definitive criteria like "sufficiently bored."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new name "NQ trader" LOL...

Regarding the favorite contract, it is like a comfort zone. The more you trade, and feel comfortable, then you tend to stick to it. Nothing good or bad about that. And, from my own journal, my trading strategy tends to do a little bit better on NQ. oh well..