Followers

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday's Trading Results

Dear Trading Journal,

Please be kind enough to grant me the steadfast patience, energy, and resolve to successfully navigate this arduous and convoluted path towards consistency.

Read Full Post.....
Sold all of my uranium holdings in mid morning. In retrospect, I don't really know what the best course of action would be to preserve all the profits that I left on the table, as many of the uranium stocks that I was holding jumped up to new highs before fading. Consequently, my account equity hit also hit new intraday highs early this morning, then proceeded to drop. Loss from the intraday high was over $1200 at one point. That's a lot of money to leave on the table, which is why I've started making some notes to learn how to better manage a portfolio of stocks.

Got shaken out of my GS calls this morning as well, sold @1.65. It just goes to show that front-running doesn't always work. I'm front running OMG as well, so we'll see how that goes. So far, we're in the type of market environment which is neutral to front running. If a couple more of these don't work, then that will be my signal to stop front running.


In the afternoon, I ran into trouble with my IB account (again), as things just became very sluggish. I don't think my laptop was the issue, as I've upgraded to 1.5Gb of RAM, and I watched the CPU usage on the task manager, and it never got above 80% usage. I talked to IB support, and they suggested to log a problem ticket. Hopefully this will get resolved soon. The sluggishness could be due to too many stocks in my watchlist, as I have now added an additional page for watching certain options. Time to simplify things yet again.

No comments: