Followers

Monday, December 04, 2006

Today's results

I made 4 option trades and 1 stock trade today. The one stock trade was a re-entry of GROW:
In retrospect, I should have picked up GROW in my retirement account and just let it ride. Oh well, at least I have made a couple of decent trades off this latest momo run in GROW.

I also made 4 option purchases today, one of which I already talked about here. The other 3 option purchases were: BIDU, ATI, and GOOG. Hopefully, I will have time to post charts on those trades once I close them.

So even discounting my big win in the Wi-Lan trade (which closed today @4.4, whoo-Hoo!), and my screw up of the AKAM call option trade (luckily it was a small position), all in all, it was still a good day.

To keep things simple, I will be posting just my PnL and #OptionTrades and #StockTrades to the performance spreadsheet (see link to the right).

3 comments:

Simply Options Trader said...

Unfortunately GROW is not optionable.

Btw, just wondering if there's any particular reason for your entry before it clears the OR high?

Phileo said...

Hi SimplyOptions,

Yes, GROW and IAAC are one of the few stocks that are not optionable, otherwise I would probably have a more profitable trade on my hands.

As for the rationale for entering GROW before the break above the OR high, it was admittedly more risky, but still valid because the volume was there. I noticed that the volume started picking up a few minutes before I decided to enter.

Simply Options Trader said...

Thanks!