Followers

Monday, October 02, 2006

Thoughts of a Newbie

I had previously mentioned that I have been investing for 6 years. The long and winding road to the present day started with Fundamental Analysis, of course. Then came TA. But I wasn't get much better results with TA, so then came the more focused approach, which only really started earlier this year. I've read a couple of swing trading websites which helped me along the way, and then of course, stumbling across TraderMike's website and his whole network introduced me to the idea of dummy Trading.
Clearly I still have much to learn about swing trading. I haven't really given any thought as to the best way to organize my learning. Sure, there are learning priorities, such as stop making mistakes. (Those traders who have managed to get past the hump of self-destruction definitely has my admiration!). I still have to get in the habit of reporting my trades in terms of R. There's a whole laundry list of things I want to do. So, this trading journal will additionally serve as an exploration of sorts, to experiment with what kind of learning structure works best to improve my trading.

The latest manifestation of the learning structure that works for me is my idea of cataloguing the high probability patterns. The more I think about it, the more I like this, as it helps me to bring a new focus to my trading approach. It's obvously still a work in progress, so I will make more detailed posts on that topic as I learn more insights.

No comments: