Followers

Friday, October 06, 2006

Housekeeping stuff

I made one buy and one sell today (which I'll talk about later in a separate post), and since I've kept most of my positions from the previous two days, I won't be making any more trades. Sure wish I had more money so that I could buy some more stuff, another one of Brian's picks is doing well today - CMED.
I was pretty tired yesterday, so my review of yesterday's trades may not have sounded very coherent. If you've ever tried typing while your head is bobbing up and down, and you're fighting the temptation to give into Mr. Sandman, then you'll know what I mean.
Anyways, I have been tracking my performance on a spreadsheet, and have been experimenting with putting it up on Google spreadsheets so that I can link to it on this site. However, it seems that Google Spreadsheets still has some bugs to work out before they can be used reliably. When I tried to view after I uploaded my spreadsheet, it showed all these garbage characters that are repeated in certain groups of cells. I've emailed them for tech support, and we'll see how it goes. I may use something like box.net to host my spreadsheet if this does not work out (or if any of you have suggestions, leave a comment).

As you can see my trading journal is still a work in progress, and up until now, I really haven't given too much thought to improving traffic to my blog, getting traffic stats on my blog, etc.. I wrote that piece on cataloging the high chart patterns just because it made so much sense to me, not because I wanted to get someone's attention (ok, well, I do, but I honestly didn't start out with that goal in mind when I wrote that piece). But I noticed what I wrote seemed to resonate with a few of you, as that piece made it to become TraderMike's most popular outgoing link for at least the one day after I wrote it! Thanks everyone! I'm honored, gratified, and humbled at the same time. But I don't have anything exciting articles in store to top that (at least not for the next week or so). Just the usual boring stuff, like getting the rest of my trading plan written down, maybe talk a little more about my system, figure out the best way to post/link my spreadsheet, yada, yada, yada, yada. I needed to say that now, in order to temper everyone's expectations, including my own. First and foremost is to reduce my mistakes, that is my stated goal, and it was the reason why I started this journal. Documenting the high-probability setups helps accomplish that goal because it helps me to focus on selecting better quality setups, and better setups helps to reduce my mistakes.

I've also been thinking about moving my blog onto WordPress. Despite the many Web2.0 whiz-bang bells 'n whistles that Blogger added to their blogs, it still can't do certain key things (like upload spreadsheets, splitting up my post into pages, more flexibility in comment moderating, etc.). Web hosting providers in my area cost around $10-20/month, getting my own domain costs about an extra $1/month. Just hemming and hawwing as I figure what is the best course of action.

No comments: